I joined Leonhard Weese and Fabian Lischka in leading a 60 minute workshop on information security and encryption
for journalists at the Foreign Correspondents’ Club in Central, Hong Kong.
Our goal was to give journalists some basic steps they could take to improve the security of the information
the collect in the course of their reporting.
Our interactive talk had the following agenda:
- Explain what encryption is
- Protect your device by:
- downloading from trusted sources
- recognizing phishing attacks
- looking for https connections
- Project your accounts by:
- selecting good passwords
- using a password manager
- using two factor authentication
- Protect your communications by:
- using Redphone/Textsecure/Signal
- using Telegram Secret Chats
View slides as HTML Download slides as PDF
Want to learn more about Blockstack? Join us or get in touch!